Email the Virginia Soccer Coaches Association at email@example.com
The mission of the Virginia Soccer Coaches Association is to promote, advance and support soccer in the state of Virginia .
The objectives of the VSCA are
- to promote the overall growth of interscholastic soccer in Virginia.
- to encourage professionalism, competence and leadership skills among our members.
- to advocate for high school soccer by working with the Virginia High School League (VHSL), the Virginia High School Coaches Association (VHSCA), United Soccer Coaches (USC), and the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS).
- to reach the highest possible standards for the sport of soccer in terms of match quality, by working with the VHSL in the establishment and application of rules and regulations at the state level.
- to recognize and honor players, coaches, administrators, media and others who have reached a high level of achievement of in the sport of soccer.
The VSCA was founded in the fall of 2017 by members of the Legislative Council for Soccer of the Virginia High School Coaches Association, and other coaches who wanted to create an organization focused solely on improving the state of the game in Virginia.
Included in this vision was the administration and operation of a top-quality summer all-star "Senior Soccer Showcase" for recently graduated girls and boys who have excelled in their high school careers.
The Initial Board of Directors
Michael Anderson: Boys Coach, Cosby High School
Kevin Denson: Boys and Girls Coach, Norfolk Academy; Boys High School Coach Of The Year National chair for United Soccer Coaches
Travis Eschenmann: Girls Coach, Blacksburg High School
Jedd Zaring: Boys Coach (retired), Athletic Director, Jefferson Forest High School
Additional members of the Foundation Committee:
Shelley Blumenthal: Boys Coach, Blacksburg High School
Betsy Munson: Boys Coach Heritage-Leesburg, High School
Jim Rike: Girls Coach (retired)
Randy Turille: Boys Coach, E.C. Glass High School
Greg Wade: Boys Coach (retired), Athletic Director Radford High School
Mike Webb: Boys Coach, Chancellor High School